This is an election year so we are provided with some opportunity to reflect on the last election. I started wondering; what if John McCain had been elected the President? Well I guess we would not have had Obama-care for an entitlement program, however, the last republican W. Bush did make a very large increase in Medicare entitlement program spending. When Bush did this it was considered the biggest expansion of an entitlement program ever. My point is that getting a Republican like McCain into office does not mean you will avoid increased spending on entitlement programs. It is impossible to tell what exactly McCain would have done in terms of entitlement spending but we do know he was for the bailouts.
For this Blog lets look at what I would consider to be other important issues over the past three years while comparing the Presidency we have experienced under Obama to what we think a McCain Presidency would have offered.
1. Would John McCain have kept Guantanamo bay open? Surely, yes, everyone expected Obama to close Guantanamo and he did not after saying he would, and I’m sure John McCain would also have kept it open.
2. Would John McCain have continued the War in Iraq? Senator McCain was clearly in favor of this war and we know this war concluded on a timetable set by W. Bush. I know many would like to say Obama ended the war in Iraq, but to those people I emphasize that there is a big difference between ending a war and having a war end during your administration. If the war had ended sooner, for example, within the first year of Obama’s presidency then he could claim he ended the war. He did not do this and it just so happens the war concluded during his presidency. I do not see how things would have been any different under a McCain Presidency.
3. Would John McCain have pulled us out of Afghanistan? Senator McCain clearly favors the “War on Terror” and our engagement in Afghanistan. I think it is clear now that we have reached the end of Obama’s first term that he also is PRO-WAR. We all know as the Commander and Chief he has the authority to end the war in Afghanistan. The fact that the war continues is a clear sign that an Obama as well as McCain administration would have resulted in the EXACT SAME OUTCOME FOR OUR FOREIGN POLICY IN AFGHANISTAN.
4. Would John McCain have killed Osama Bin Laden? I would think yes. Both Obama and McCain are “hawks” when it comes to America’s military interventions abroad. I do not know that Obama actually initiated activities that brought about OBL’s death. When either of them were presented with the opportunity I believe they would have authorized the strike.
5. Would we have had less drone strikes with John McCain? I think you might be surprised by this answer. No! I’m actually not sure any individual could have launched more drone strikes than President Obama has authorized. Amazingly Barrack Obama is the “drone-meister” for the planet Earth.
6. Would John McCain had gone along with bailouts like Obama? I think clearly the answer is yes.
7. Would there still be a sovereign debt crisis if McCain were president? I think clearly the answer is yes.
8. Would there have been a new investigation into 9/11 under a McCain administration? I believe there would have been no more investigation then there was under Obama and that was zero investigation despite all of the unanswered questions that remained.
9. Would there have been less secrecy under a McCain administration? Again I believe the answer is no, but would also say that John McCain would have his work cut out for him to be more secretive and less transparent then the Obama administration,
10. Would the economy have already recovered under a McCain administration? I seriously doubt there would be any more improvement with McCain because the policies of over spending and global expansion of America’s empire would still be in place. Additionally, the financial damage to the United States by criminal entities within the banking system and our government are so great that any President would be dealing with the same economic issues Barrack Obama deals with today. Regardless of if it were Obama, McCain or even Bush the same strategy (never ending wars and deficit spending) lead to the same result (U.S. bankruptcy).
So what exactly would have been different in a McCain presidency? I propose nothing meaningful would have been different between McCain, Obama or even a 3rd term of a W. Bush Presidency.
What does this mean to you?
Santa Barbara County 9/11 Truth